Want to develop software to help expand the use of genomics in clinical care? We are seeking a self-driven and passionate software engineer to help advance a software platform to improve the analysis of gene expression sequencing data for research and clinical uses. We are seeking a backend software developer to enhance, integrate and optimize an existing moderately-sized C++, Go, and Python codebase and who can develop new, efficient software for processing large data genomic data sets.
Ocean Genomics (https://oceangenomics.com) is a startup focused on creating software to analyze gene expression sequencing data. Our mission is to provide the world’s most efficient, accurate, and comprehensive gene expression analyses by supporting and extending our current state-of-the-art gene expression and transcriptome analysis software.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++11/14/17 with several years of commercial experience.
- A commitment to, and demonstrated history of, writing high-quality, efficient, readable, and documented C++ code.
- Familiarity with common C++ libraries and tools such as the standard library, Boost, zlib, and cmake or other modern build systems.
- Experience with writing highly parallelized and multi-threaded software.
- Experience in other programming languages.
- Knowledge of the Git version control system and be able to maintain code integrity and organization of a large existing codebase.
- Experience and commitment to unit testing, continuous integration, and documentation.
- Experience with integrating software into a SaaS system.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
The following skills are a plus, but not required:
- Ability to write code for and interface with Java and Node.js.
- Experience with genomics or health applications.
- Experience with AWS.
The successful applicant will be tasked with leading development efforts for a number of programs that process high-throughput RNA sequencing data that are being integrated into a web-based analysis platform.
Preferred location is Pittsburgh, PA.
The position is available immediately and applications will be accepted until it is filled. Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.