Want to help expand the use of genomics in research and healthcare? We are seeking a self-driven and passionateDevOps engineer to operationalize our existing SaaS genomics analysis platform.
Ocean Genomics (https://oceangenomics.com) is a startup focused on creating software to analyze gene expression sequencing data. Our mission is to provide the world’s most efficient, accurate, and comprehensive gene expression analyses platform. The DevOps engineer responsibilities are to help improve and and extend our current state-of-the-art gene expression and transcriptome analysis software.
The successful applicant will have:
- Multiple successful public cloud deployments of customer facing web applications with associated data processing infrastructure.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration software (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.).
- Proficiency with basic database administration tasks, such as provisioning regular backups and ensuring that best practices around security are followed.
- Knowledge and use of CI/CD systems and practices.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
The following skills are a plus, but not required:
- Integration of workflow management systems (e.g. Snakemake or Nextflow) with Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience with AWS and associated services, such as AWS Cognito.
- Development of web applications, particularly using a modern SPA framework such as React.
- Experience and a desire to write system and component level integration tests
- Experience with genomic or health applications.
Preferred location is Pittsburgh, PA.
The position is available immediately and applications will be accepted until it is filled. Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.