We are seeking a full-time or part-time office manager to join our fast-growing biotech company and help its continued success by:
- Managing all vendors and suppliers, AP/AR and related accounting
- Working with our accountant to generate and report on monthly financials
- Maintaining our document library including plans, forecasts, agreements
- Provide basic HR support including on-boarding (Gusto) and benefits management
- Organizing job applicant interviews and assisting with onboarding new employees
- Helping organize and maintain the office space
- Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly, handling complex scheduling challenges and document review and preparation
The successful applicant will have:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as an office manager
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize new tasks as they come in
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to write clearly
- Good time management skills, able to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, OneDrive)
- Familiarity with Slack
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others, with a “can do” attitude to work in a fast-changing startup environment
Ocean Genomics (https://oceangenomics.com) is a startup focused on creating software to analyze gene expression sequencing data. Our mission is to provide the world’s most efficient, accurate, and comprehensive gene expression analyses by supporting and extending our current state-of-the-art gene expression and transcriptome analysis software.
The position is located in Pittsburgh, PA, and is paid on an hourly basis. The position is available starting immediately, and applications will be accepted until it is filled.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.